Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Here’s a list of the most frequently asked questions we receive.
If you don’t see your question listed, please feel free to contact us at: (208) 696-2171 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is an FFL?
A Federal Firearms License, FFL, is a license granted by the Federal Government through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF). A FFL is required for businesses involved in the sale or transfer of firearms.
FFL owners can be your local gun store, retail sporting store, a pawn shop and even individuals that have gone through the training and background check, like Burning Bullet, LLC. All firearms sold to individuals must be shipped to an FFL holder who will then transfer the firearm, through the ATF background process, to the individual who purchased said firearm.
How do I arrange to have my firearm transferred?
If you purchased a firearm from another dealer and you’re having it shipped to Burning Bullet, we will serve as your FFL and will manage the transfer process with you and your firearm dealer. You will need to complete an ATF background check in our Boise, Idaho location.
If you’re not in the Boise area to pick up your firearm from Burning Bullet, you can find a local FFL dealer at: FFL Gun Dealers.net. Remember, you will need to communicate to your chosen FFL prior to finalizing your purchase with us. We will contact your selected FFL and exchange license and contact information with them. It’s also a good idea for you to find out how much of a transfer fee they charge and to let them know a firearm is heading their way.
If buying online from us and having your firearm delivered to your local FFL, you will need to complete your ATF background check with them, not with Burning Bullet.
Can I have my firearm shipped to my home?
No! All Firearms must be shipped to a verified Federal Firearm License (FFL) holder.
What payment options and terms are available at Burning Bullet, LLC.?
We currently accept the following forms of payment:
- Check / Cashier’s Check:
- We accept personal checks and cashier’s checks as a form of payment however, no third party or company checks will be accepted.
- All checks must clear the banking process prior to Burning Bullet placing the order with our wholesale distributor, which could take anywhere from 3-7 business days.
- All returned checks are processed by the bank twice before deemed insufficient. Per Idaho statute (28-22-105) a $20.00 returned check fee will be applied on every occurrence. This cost will be separate from any other purchase and subject to be paid prior to delivery of said purchase.
- If an insufficient check process (as described above) happens twice, throughout the entire relationship with said client, Burning Bullet has the right to refuse to accept checks from client for future business transactions.
- Cash is always welcome and is currently the fastest way to secure your firearm purchase from our wholesale distributors.
- Because our overhead is low, we’re happy to pass on savings to our customers. As such there are no cash discounts.
- Credit Cards:
- Through our partnership with Payroc Payment Solutions, we accept Visa & Master Card. Banking institutions consider the firearm industry “high-risk” and due to this classification, there is a 2.95% transaction fee.
Do you accept payments from PayPal, Square & Shopify?
We would love to! Unfortunately, PayPal, Square, Shopify and a handful of other e-Commerce institutions do not allow their services to be utilized for any firearm related purchases.